1. Enemy Behaviour 22 Jan 1942
Also on 22 Jan enemy did not stand and fight but retreated in flight in the general direction Msus – Solluch. According to radio intercepts 4 Indian Division will be pushed forward to the south to protect Benghazi. At evening 22 Guards Brigade area north-east Belaudah, in area northeast Giof el Matar 2 Armoured and 1 Rifle Brigades.
2. Based on currently available reports the following were destroyed or captured on 21 January:
- 26 tanks and armoured cars
- 47 guns
- More than 100 motor vehicles
3. Prisoners of the following units were made:
1 Rifle Brigade and 11 Royal Horse Artillery
According to prisoner interrogation German-Italian attack was a complete surprise.
Issued 12.45 hrs 23 January 1942